3.25.2011

Foundation 101

I will post my favorite drugstore store foundations, as well as luxury foundations and different foundations for all skin types, I will also post foundation that I do not like and I will also post the pros and cons of every foundation that I have tested.

Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Liquid Foundation with SPF 15
One of my personal favorite foundations that I use all the time! Has great coverage, that you can build from moderate too full but always looks natural. It makes my skin look glowy and it really does look luminous in pictures, doesn't appear cakey or wet, blends well and lasts all day, I honestly have no bad things to say about this foundation - I wear it in the winter and in the summer it is good for cold climates as well as hot ones doesn't melt off or go shiny on oily skin. This foundation stays on your skin, if you don't want too set it with powder to get a more dewy look or if you do want to set it with foundation it will honestly, last all day. This foundation also has SPF 15 which is great, I think everyone should look for a foundation with SPF because your skin will thank you!!   It claims that it smooths lines and other imperfections and I know I am only 18 so I don't have lines or wrinkles quite yet, but as for imperfections the finish is airbrushed looking and flawless, my mom who is 50, also uses this same foundation and her makeup always looks flawless. I definitely recommended this foundation to anyone.
The only con I can think of is the price, but it does last a long time and you are definitely paying for the product you get. I would give this foundation a 5/5














Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation With SPF 10
This foundation gives moderate coverage, I do not recommended this for dry skin, or for really oily skin either.. I believe from when I tried this product that it is more for combination skin than anything, overall it is a good foundation but you have to be careful when applying to your face that you blend it properly because it is a thicker formula that is mousse like so I also advise not to apply with a foundation brush, this makeup would be better suited for a sponge or just your hands. I did like how natural looking this makeup did look when applied moderately. Another good thing about this foundation was that it lasted for quite a while, touch ups were eventually still needed but I was definitely pleasantly surprised at the end of the day how well it stayed on my skin. This foundation as well has SPF 15 which is something you should look for in your foundations as I mentioned before! I was looking at other online reviews and a lot of people seemed to be upset about the price, it is pricey for a drugstore foundation but it is less than half of what you would normally pay for a department store foundation. In the end it is a pretty good foundation you just have to have a certain type of skin and apply it correctly. I give this foundation 3.5/5

Loreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation
This foundation is mousse like and have light-moderate coverage. This foundation goes on very smoothly and is easy to apply, but just the same as the Natureluxe foundation be careful that you do not apply too much in oily or dry areas.. but other than that I thought this foundation was wonderful, it made my skin look glowy and soft and I did not need a powder because it has a matte finish that didn't really require too be set with a powder. As for long lasting, it did not last quite as long as I would like my foundation too last but if you had time for touch ups this foundation is a one step foundation that really does cover imperfections and  made my skin look great while used in moderation. If you have combination skin and are looking for a matte foundation with light coverage I would recommend this foundation too you. I give this foundation a 4/5



MAC Pro Longwear Liquid Foundation With SPF 10
This foundation has moderate to full coverage. I purchased this foundation because I wanted a foundation for the summer that would not melt off from the heat and I wouldn't have to reapply, and that would last all day the makeup artist at MAC Cosmetics recommended this too me and when I first bought it in the summer I loved it, it did last all day.. but as the fall came and my skin started to get drier and the less the makeup looked good on my skin, this skin is more meant for oily skin types because when applied too dry areas it appears cakey, but other than that this foundation was great, now that spring has come and my skin is more oily/combination that dry I use it all the time, especially when I am broken out. I would recommend you wear this if you have combination-oily skin if you are looking for moderate to full  coverage, I would also recommend to set with a translucent powder to keep any additional shine away and keep your makeup flawless for another additional couple of hours. Overall, I would give this foundation 5/5



MAC Mineralize Satinfinish With SPF 15
This foundation has light to moderate coverage and gives a dewy foundation look. When I purchased this foundation I told the makeup artist that I have an oily t-zone lately and she said that this foundation is not that good for oily skin, it is made more for people with dry-combination skin and I also would not recommend to wear this when you have a breakout, it does not have very good coverage on acne. This foundation would be great for someone with dry skin because it moisturizes your skin. I did just purchase this a couple days ago and so far I am definitely liking it, my only concerns that I have is when I apply it on my face with a foundation brush I find that it is harder to blend - it would probably work better with a sponge or your fingers and that if you do not set it with a translucent powder it probably will change color on you and go darker and no one really wants that.. but overall if you are looking for a sheer foundation and have combination skin it is a good choice. I would give this product 4/5

Clinique Supermoisture Makeup
This foundation gives you full coverage and a dewy finish. This product is ideal for someone with severely dry skin. A couple years ago I was on medication that caused my skin to dry out so bad that I could not wear any makeup I tried everything, I tried other foundations that were good for dry skin but my skin was too the point where it was almost looking like it was peeling from a sunburn or something, then I found this foundation and it was the only foundation that I used while I was on that medication. It leaves your skin looking wet because it has so much moisture in it. The only complaint I had about this foundation when I was using it was how easily it came off on to your hands if you barely touched you face or if it went on your clothes (you wouldn't lose coverage on your face but it would just come off onto your hands) But I really enjoyed this foundation when I had it and when I was having my skin problems it was honestly a life saver.. dry skin can be much worse than oily shiny skin, I tried every skin product, every scrub and nothing worked, but this foundation I believe was an honest help to my skin and I do recommend it too anyone that has the same issues as I did.
I give this product a 5/5




Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation
I bought this foundation in search of a lighter foundation with sheer coverage and just to wear when I am working or if I am just going to go to town to get something and want to appear a little bit put together, this foundation was actually really great, it was sheer and it covered up little imperfections and made the overall skin tone look better. This foundation would even be great for someone who is just starting to use foundation or someone who is skeptical about wearing foundation this appears very natural, blends well and lasts all day aswell! I give this foundation a 5/5


Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse Makeup
This foundation has light to moderate coverage, appears natural and I believe is good for all skin types, it is probably the coolest makeup I have tried it really is mousse - it looks like the mousse you put in your hair and it bubbles! But overall this foundation was absolutely great, I wore this foundation to my prom and my makeup remained flawless and natural all night and it is so easy to put on, blends well and looks nice on.
I give this foundation 5/5




And I think I am going to leave my first Foundation 101 post at that, I will post more foundation reviews in the future I just figured might as well start with a bang, hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment