3.25.2011

My Skin Care Routine

This specific skin care routine does work for me - I have combination skin which is basically just means that your skin isn't really dry or oily except it is oily in the t-zone which is your forehead, in between your eyebrows (my biggest problem area) down your nose, and on your chin and around your mouth,
I will post different skin care that I do find effective because I have experienced servilely dry skin as well as oily skin. Thank you :)

I use the 'Dermalogica Clean Start' Line I buy the whole set (Minus the 'Sebum Clearing Masque' which is on the end to the right) I buy it at my local salon that sells Dermalogica Skin Care and it costs approximately $45 - $50 dollars but one set usually does last 1-2 months and the Masque comes to approximately $60 dollars.
It is pricey but it is a solution to acne that does work for me - obviously I still get the odd breakout but most days I do have a very clear complexion. 

On a daily basis you wash your face in the morning when you wake up and at night before you go to bed and that is the way this system is set up.

IN THE MORNING:
First I use the 'Wash Off' face cleanser. Lather & rinse to get rid of dead skin cells and cleans your face!
Then, 'All Over Clear' this is a spray toner, to clear problem areas you just spray and I let it dry a little bit before the next step. TIP: you can spray it even on a breakout on your body if you have acne on your back, chest or shoulders or just for your face
I then use the 'Welcome Matte SPF 15' Moisturizer which controls shine and protects your skin from sun damage! TIP: I always, always wait at least 5 minutes to let the moisturizer settle before putting on any makeup! 

AT NIGHT:
I do the same routine in the morning, but instead of using the 'Welcome Matte SPF 15 Moisturizer' I use 'Bedtime For Breakouts' Which is basically just a treatment cream that works overnight and prevents breakouts and reduces redness. You just leave it on your face and go to bed!

There are additional steps that you don't do everyday but more so every other day or more simply, every 3-5 days a week.
The first additional product is 'Ready Set Scrub!' Which is included in the 'Clean Start' Kit. I use it after Cleansing and before using the toner.
And what it is, is an exfoliating scrub and basically what it does is soaks up oils and gets ready of dead skin cells and makes your skin feel fresh and soft! I leave it on for about 5 minutes and rinse with warm water

Finally, the second additional product is the 'Sebum Clearing Masque' which I bought separately from the 'Clean Start' Kit This product is my absolute favorite skin care product I have ever purchased, I truly credit this masque to the clearing of my skin. I use it usually 3-4 times a week after Cleansing and before the toner.
And what this product is, is a clay masque that soaks up oil and helps preventing breakouts with salicylic acid, I apply a smooth layer of it of my face (you may want to just put on t-zone) and leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.

Some additional skin tips that I have learnt are:
-Products don't work right away, sometimes it can take up too a month - and it MAY get worse before it get's better it does suck, but in the end it really could be worth it!! 
-Do use a SPF and avoid going in the sun without it or going tanning, I myself personally do love tanning but I have given it up because it is terrible for your skin and it also causes skin cancer and you could always opt for a really good self-tanner and you won't have to worry about looking leather-y in the future or worry about getting skin cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment