3.26.2011

Mascara Reviews

Lancome Definicils Mascara
This mascara is for length. When I was in high school this was my go-to mascara I used it everyday and when I was going out, it was buildable to wear from day to night. This mascara is not as 'wet' as other lancome mascaras and it doesn't really smudge... the only issue with this mascara drying is that if you pick at your lashes they may flake, overall this mascara is a great product and definitely my favorite lancome mascara. 
I give this product 5/5


Lancome Hypnose Drama
This mascara is if you are looking for volume and it also provides length as well. 
This mascara is more 'wet' and it causes eyelashes to stick together, for this reason I will probably not be
purchasing this product again. It does make your eyelashes full and big though but it wasn't exactly the look I was looking for. I would give this product 3.5/5


Covergirl Lashblast Luxe Mascara
This mascara is for volume and has shimmer in it. I originally bought this mascara because I needed a new mascara and I was going out so I thought it would be nice if you could see the shimmer in my lashes for going out, I picked it up and as soon as I put it on I absolutely fell in love.. it made my eyes look amazing and my eyelashes were full and I could see the shimmer.. then a couple days passed and I found it started to get clumpier and not as nice or shimmery every day.. I used this mascara on and off for about a year because I loved the effect of the shimmer and the volume it gave me in the first couple uses.. but in the end it probably isn't that worth it.. if I could afford to buy this mascara everyday I would use it.. but that would just be silly.
I give this product 3.5/5


Rimmel London Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara
This mascara is for if you want volume in your lashes on one end and if you wanted length for the other end.
I mostly just bought this because I was really confused how it was two different mascaras in one.. but when I used it I was pleasantly surprised, the volume side gave me lots of volume and the length side did give me a lot  of length, but once again I found the issue within a week or so the mascara was drying out already and the volume side seemed to make my lashes stick together.. but when I first used it I was getting comments about my eyelashes how great they looked, but that was only in the first week that the volume was really nice.
I would give this product 3.5/5


Dior Diorshow Mascara
This mascara is for drama, big volume lashes. When I purchased this mascara I was BEYOND excited I read great reviews I knew celebrities used it and makeup artists loved it.. but when I tried it, I was honestly very disappointed it made my lashes really clumpy and I just did not like the effect whatsoever, also a couple days after I bought it I got an eye infection so I had to throw it away but aside from forking out $30 for a mascara and then just having to throw it away - I probably wouldn't have used it again. I have read reviews that people claim, no clumps and makes lashes long and full so maybe that is the effect it gave customers with short eyelashes, naturally I have very long eyelashes and I curl my eyelashes anyways.. I was disappointed and I would not recommend this mascara at all.
I give this product 2/5



Benefit Bad Gal Lash
This mascara is for big lashes best for if you are looking for volume. I purchased this mascara really excited aswell and I actually bought it the same time I bought the Diorshow mascara I did only get too use it a couple times before I got my eye infection aswell (lol..of course when I fork out $60 on mascara I have to throw them away...) I did use it for my grad pictures though and also for pictures and they looked great, the only issue I had was the brush was so big that it was hard not to get it on my eyes. This mascara dried very fast so be careful of flakes if you pick at your eyes, but other than that and it's pricey price tag this mascara is great!
I give this product 4/5


L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara
This mascara is for big, full, lashes with volume. I purchased this because I saw how weird the brush was and how beautiful Penelope Cruz' lashes were in the ad (I'm a sucker for good makeup advertisement!) The first time I tried it, it made my lashes huge and amazing! I couldn't believe a mascara brush that looked like that could make my eyes look so great.. but as I have learned.. you always have to keep on using it.. and I discovered that once again this is a mascara that went clumpy and was not that good even on the second day! This mascara may work for some people, but there are other mascaras that I would use that I would get more use out of. I give this mascara 2/5

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
This is my latest mascara purchase, and I will most likely do a makeup haul on it becuase I just bought it a couple days ago. I have tried other L'Oreal Voluminous Mascaras (Explosion aside..) and have really liked them but I read and saw some really good reviews on this mascara and there is the new 'V Moment' contest going on so I decided might as well! I tried it for the first time three days ago and I was amazed, it made my lashes long, full and there was not one single clump.. and three days later.. still look beautiful! I would 100% reccomend this too anyone who wants glamorous full and long lashes!! I give this product 5/5


1 comment:

  1. i love love love mascara. if i could only wear just one makeup product, it would definitely be mascara, and i am on the hunt to find the best mascara. its quite fun actually:) i love this post because its given me some great ideas for my next batch.
    thanks
    xk
    http://alazygirlsguidetobeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete